Wednesday 12 February 2014

Agony of Life...!!!

"Expectation is the root to all heartache…!! "

Wonderfully quoted and so truly believed, this quote by William Shakespeare raises a sense of self question in me. It makes me think about the depth of life. It makes me think of my life.
Often we are in pain and curse ourself because we have been hurt by someone. But does someone really has the power to hurt us? No. Its us only who hurt our own self and then by some means blame others for being the cause for our pain and suffering.

I personally had many heartaches and the reason i felt it was because I expected from people. I believed that I will have my so-called close ones with me during my trauma times, they will support me and be by my side. Here is where the heartache begins. Just because of expectations. I expected things from people and it never seemed to have given the happiness i thought of, instead it left me with a feeling of insecurity and scars on my heart. The moment we count on something or somebody to be the source of our joy and happiness comes the time we allow intruders in our space. We realize and feel a discomfort and inconsistency. We ruin prospects of any upliftment and the journey of life becomes a stress.

Heartaches distress us and we feel a certain kind of resentment towards everyone and this bitterness gradually becomes a stain in our soul. This is very harmful indeed. So, why risk? and it is not a small risk. We expose ourself to the danger of repulsion and hard feelings towards the world.
So, the question that arises in my mind is Why Expect? Where does these expatiation arise from? 
The only valid answer coming to me is because we tend to the same things for others or believe that we will be doing it when the time comes. So, again the problem emerges from ourself only.
So, simply do things and acts of kindness without expecting the same in return as it will only lead to pain, suffering and wrath towards people.

“If you expect nothing from anybody, you’re never disappointed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment